Safety Crafter certifications
This Certification was created for safety crafters operating on rafting trip.
The safety craft can be:
- Oar Raft
- sledge, riverboard, hydrospeed
(see full definition in the Award Scheme below)
Check the "Downloads for IRF courses"to see the training program and the river signals.
IRF Safety Craft Assessment include:
- - Basic Rescue Techniques i.e. A challenging swim, throw bag rescue / recoil rescue, 2 side roles for kayakers and flip drill for oars, any functional 3:1 or 4:1 mechanical advantage system built from there own gear within 5 minutes including anchors on both ends.
- - Safety Craft Handling Techniques
- - Swimmer rescue Techniques (conscious, unconscious, panic)
- - Equipment Rescue Techniques (raft, kayak, paddle)